31 August 2011

A new worry


We had a little lie in this morning – didn't get going until about 8-ish. Skye was in heaven and was having such a good sleep I didn't think she would ever wake up. I don't much like a lie in, even though I knew it wasn't a day off you just can't be sure. Anyway, once we were up and about we had a good look round, and found that the cows we moved yesterday seemed to have lost the use of their legs they were so full. Every single one of them (including the calves) were lying down. Lazy devils I say, but I could see that Skye was envious.
Daisy came out to see us this morning – usually she potters about at home, but this morning she made such a fuss she was brought out for a walk. She had clearly just had a bath - looked like a Persil advert she was so clean, but she didn't look so good when she went back in again I'm afraid. She's a mucky little pup really, so it looks like she'll be down with us again tonight.
Not that I'll get much sleep. Skye said she thought she heard chat this evening about selling some of my gimmers. It always happens to me in September – out they go, to be replaced by ewe lambs. I don't understand why I can't have both - I've just got the gimmers nicely behaved (if we've got to get rid of some sheep, I say let the pet lambs go.  They're nothing but trouble). And what happens if the lorry that brings my new lambs gets lost? It's just one worry after another, but let's hope Skye just misheard. Yes, that's what I'll tell myself – she must be mistaken, after all we've just bought a lambing caravan so we must be keeping all the gimmers...definitely...
Here's a picture of some of them looking happy to be here.  I'll run a "bleat if you want to stay campaign" just to make sure...



Take care

1 comment:

  1. Hi to you all
    Sounds like there is still plenty of work for you all to do,the new lambs will need to be trained.
    I,m looking after Dougal at the moment, not easy, he is not trained very well. I thought I could put him in a box and send him up to you. He would like to help with the sheep but not too early he needs his sleep!!!
    Looking forward to the next blog

    ReplyDelete