30 August 2011

Moving cattle


I've had another busy morning. We've been thinking about moving Flakey and his cows for a day or so, and yesterday we finished repairing the fence in their new field, so today we opened the gate for them and stood back. They were ready to move, that's for sure and got their heads into the new grass straight away. Chomp, chomp, chomp.

Flakey is one of our Charolais bulls and he's huge – really, really huge (the others are pretty big too). He's a nice old fellow but I keep my distance from him. I think he's a bit spoilt as well – often he gets a long scratch when we check the fields in the morning even before we check the sheep. I don't really mind but usually I'm keen to finish my jobs before we get too distracted.

Here's a picture of Flakey looking for a scratch. What a big soft lump he is.  Don't you think?



Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment