29 August 2011

Daisy’s trim trail

It was a little bit warmer today and we had a lovely morning pottering about catching up on some jobs and tidying up a bit. Skye even helped again today – couldn't help herself – so she'd better not grumble that she's not well...

There's always something to help with, either that or I've got Skye and Daisy to keep an eye on.

Daisy was down with us again last night – she got absolutely filthy, but give her credit she doesn't grumble about it. She's a proper little terrier, never happier than when she's pottering about in the mud. We had a lovely game in the garden later in the day – Daisy has these toys she keeps in there and we all played 'Grab it and run like mad until someone catches you up'. Fantastic fun, but I have to let them catch me every now and then. Then Daisy set off on the 'trim trail' she's got set up in the garden. Round the weeping willow, touch a toy, round the pond, touch a toy. On and on and on she goes. It looks exhausting, but I just let her get on with it as I can't risk pulling a muscle. Skye is worried she couldn't keep up so just gives her some encouragement while she catches up on her beauty sleep (surely a waste of time, ha!ha!). She loves that little dog and has done since it first arrived. Needless to say, I wasn't too keen on her and growled for a long time, but I can't help not liking other dogs can I? I only growl now if her little white pal comes to visit (I can't tell them apart when they start jabbering about under my nose)

I've got a feeling this will be a busy week. Sheep, barley to cut, topping, spraying, collecting straw, more sheep (with any luck). Better get my beauty sleep anyway

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment