26 August 2011

A worrying trip to the vet


We had a right carry on this morning – the steers and lambs were all muddled up again, the little devils. I should be careful wishing for more work in future I think because I certainly had plenty of work to do sorting that out. I don't think they'll be doing that again.

Later on we were all bundled into the pick-up for a trip into Berwick. I was a bit suspicious about it, but I quite enjoy a trip so I wasn't too bothered. Skye loves the car more than all of us and was enjoying herself, and Daisy was just pushing her luck hopping up and down most of the way. When we pulled up I knew exactly where we were. The vet. Uh-oh.

I always drag my heels going in – I don't like other dogs. Any size, shape and age are all a worry so I let Skye and Daisy go in first. Skye is ever so brave and rushes straight in – no one ever gives her any trouble so I stick close to her. Daisy thinks everyone is her friend so really likes the vet's – getting under everyone's feet. In fact the vet was quite nice and we only had our booster so it wasn't too bad. Skye really liked her. Daisy had her chip put in as well as her jab – what a fuss she made about that – I thought we'd be thrown out she was yelping so much, but no such luck! (I can't think we ever made as much fuss as that). She didn't like the vet as much after that, the little rascal and looked relieved to be back in the car.

I was really pleased to get home, I can tell you. Even if we have a quiet few days I won't be grumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment