17 August 2011

A New Bed

It's been a good day today. We had a nice sunny start and everything where it was supposed to be. Later on I sat in the tractor while we put fertiliser into the old hay field, so we can put some cows or sheep in there in a few days.

When we got in, I noticed that Daisy had her pal Dougal round to play – hard not to notice them bouncing about under your nose. Anyway, I growled at them both and they kept a pretty low profile after that.

Things picked up soon though - I got a new bed delivered, which was a surprise. Very nice it is - big and comfy. Skye got one as well and we tried them out straight away. I can't remember anything much after lying down and certainly don't remember counting any of my sheep, which I always look forward to before going to sleep. Skye is still flat out now so I'd better check soon to make sure she's still breathing

Daisy – the little rat – sneaked into the caravan today. Mind you she got sneaked out again pretty damn quick (twice, so ten out of ten for persistence). I was straight over to quiz her about the beds etc before she forgot (she's still a puppy after all). Anyway she said there were definitely two beds in the front so one of them will be for me. I doubt it will be as comfy as my new bed but still, you can't expect too much comfort during lambing can you? Lambing is enough of a treat after all

Off to try out my new bed again – looking forward to it.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment