20 August 2011

Daisy tries plumbing


The weather is definitely on the mend now and I'm pleased I didn't emigrate when it was so wet. Just as well I didn't because Skye has got her limp back at present and is not looking like getting amongst the sheep for quite a while. Funnily enough it doesn't seem to stop her fencing though...Anyway, she's enjoying the sympathy and told me quietly last night that she may not be back at work for ages. She certainly got into the swing of it quickly – being helped onto the bike this morning and staying there until we got back an hour or so later.

Good news is the gimmer from yesterday is no worse. No better, but no worse is OK for a day or so as they'll all be coming in soon for a once over.

Skye, Daisy, and I helped out changing the water pump over this afternoon – and what a messy job that was. Skye and I have seen it before and kept well clear of all the pipes, but Daisy hadn't. Anyway, she was all fluffy and white this morning, but now she's not. In fact she's very dirty indeed – definitely a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10 (I have scored higher on a sheep day in winter). I don't know who's in the most trouble with Mandy – Daisy or Jerry for letting her get so dirty. I'm guessing it's not Daisy ("isn't she perfect") and so is Skye. We're going to be keeping a very low profile until it's very clearly not our fault.

We'll see what happens later, but Daisy made it to the upstairs kennel last night. Skye says if she could count beyond four she'd run a betting book wondering if she gets back up tonight (mind you, we reckon she's no chance unless she gets a bath first). Maybe with all this spare time coming up Syke might teach herself to count....

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment