22 August 2011

Tinker

Up bright and early this morning - nice and sunny again. Monday's a great day – my favourite – with a whole week's work ahead and no breaks or days off or other nonsense (like holidays). I love my work.

We had our usual good look around everything today – a couple of gimmers I need to keep my eye on tomorrow, and the steers were MILES away at the other side of their field, but otherwise all OK. Skye had a rest on the bike again. She definitely does not like Mondays, and grumbles her way around until about Thursday as far as I can tell. I don't think Daisy has worked out yet that some days are different than others and just barrels around all day every day.

Today we have been getting some more fencing done and also getting the barley ready for combining in a couple of weeks time. I sit in the tractor and keep an eye on the sprayer.

Our cat, Tinker, has been coming in a bit more recently so I reckon it must be getting a bit cooler at night. She sleeps in with Skye and me when she is in and has all sorts of stories about what she gets up to during the day. You'll never believe it, but she catches a lot of her own food and often turns her nose up at what she's given to eat indoors. Imagine that. Skye and Daisy just can't believe it and say they would just worry all the time about ever getting enough to eat if they had to find some themselves. Daisy thinks Tinker is just amazing. I think she sometimes exaggerates, and poor old Skye just worries about her all the time and is much happier when she's indoors. Anyway, tonight it looks like she's indoors, so all's well and it looks as though we'll get another evening of stories.

Here's a picture of Tinker looking happy




Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment