12 August 2011

Introduction


July 2011

My name is Pip


I'm the farm assistant here, and I'm the one that does most of the work along with my farmers - Mandy and Jerry. They picked me up when I was a puppy. We've got two dogs – a collie called Skye (aka Skye-ver) and a westie called Daisy (aka Princess Lah-de-Dah). My main job is to look after all the sheep and keep them in the fields, until Jerry and I want them out to work on them. I also walk about during the day with Jerry and help out with what he's doing, unless he's fencing, which is sooo BORING.

We've got lots on at present and have just finished worming sheep and treating them with fly preventer. It's one of my favourite jobs as it last for two whole days. First I got the ewes and lambs from the fields into the pens, which wasn't that easy as the lambs in particular can be very naughty and some of the ewes are bad tempered. But I managed, with a bit of help from Jerry and Skye (for a change). Then I made sure they went up the race, while Jerry and Hugo treated them.  When we had finished we moved them into a different field, which confused them (I'm not sure how bright they are you know – a bit like Skye and Daisy!). A grand day topped off with some supper and a snooze.

I'll let you know what's going on here when I get a moment – I like to keep busy

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment