18 August 2011

A fencing sort of day

Had a cracking nights sleep.  Dreamt about keeping the lambs off my new bed. 
Jerry went off to fetch Brendan this morning.  We like him Skye and I, but especially Daisy does.  He lets her sit on his knee. 

Brendan helps out with jobs around the farm, so I knew today was a day to be busy.  I had some hope early on that it would be one of my list of sheep jobs, but no such luck – it was fencing. I didn’t mind much though as we were right next to the Quarry field which has plently of ewes and lambs in.  I kept them in the right place as we took the old fence down. 
Skye had a really nice day – she loves fencing, and spends all day with her head in holes. It seems even Skye can’t get into too much bother with her head below ground (unlike this morning when she and the Princess got into alot of bother for digging a huge hole under the pond pump in the garden).  All seems a bit pointless to me as nothing ever comes out of the holes she watches so carefully, but she just gets cross when you talk to her about it and says the reason nothing ever comes out is because she is watching.  I despair. 
Skye thinking about another hole

No more info from Daisy about what else she saw in the caravan.  She’s not very observant at times – I mean, she can spot tiny amounts food at 100 paces, but never anything I might find interesting.  I’m hoping I can try the caravan out soon, it would be good to get away from the dogs occasionally – they’re both very demanding.
Off to bed - no hardship there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment