15 August 2011

Catching up

Still haven't managed to get into the caravan yet. Today was a frustrating day all round.

Got off to the usual good start, with a run round the animals (Skye just rode around today – I don't think she's sleeping well for worrying about lambing). The Princess was still in bed when we got back - she doesn't seem to have a worry in her head! Then the day went downhill fast as Daisy got up (only kidding) and we took advantage of the decent weather to repair some gutters and collect up the last of the hay bales that got caught out in last week's rain. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm pleased to be getting in the winter sheep feed, but my seat in the tractor is not really very comfortable and while I enjoy riding about, but I'd rather be getting through my list of sheepy jobs.

All around us today the combines have been going, which means we're going to be busy soon bringing home straw bales. We use the straw to feed and bed the cows in winter. I often go as well when we collect them, to keep an eye on things and to keep Jerry company but I often manage to have a snooze in the tractor. Saving energy and dreaming about sheep – it's not a bad life.

Talking of which... zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment