19 August 2011

Daisy’s trip out

Poor old Daisy spent another night with Skye and I last night (came in with muddy feet late on, oh dear, so no upstairs kennel for her then). Skye took pity on her and let her have a bit of our new bed. Plenty of room for us all though and I think she was impressed with what nice beds we've got. Let's just hope she comes in clean tonight though, otherwise I'm sure there will be tears.

Brendan was here again and we were putting the fence back up today. I had to break off for a while and check a poorly gimmer – looks like the silly thing has bumped it's horn, so that's something I'll be looking at carefully first thing tomorrow. Gimmers are 18 month old sheep – I quite like them but they are absolutely bonkers – its run, run, run every time they see me so I have to work hard to gather them up. Skye hates gimmers as they are faster than she is but she tried hard today, bless her (not that I needed the help you understand).

At lunch time Daisy told us all about her morning – she went to the wood yard to help pick up some more posts for us and was telling us all about the big machines she saw. She's still only a puppy and hasn't travelled much so gets excited when she goes out. Then she was straight up onto Brendan' knee again – he's a lot more patient than me with her that's for sure. If she gets too close to me, I growl a grumble. Works wonders, but I've got an important job and need my rest with a busy afternoon ahead.

The fence is starting to look better now – should be perfect next year to keep the lambs in, which is a mixed blessing as I enjoy getting them back if they do escape!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment