23 August 2011

Grass


We all got plenty of sleep in the end – Tinker was too tired to keep us up. Just as well as we were up early to finish cleaning the sprayer and have a good look round.

I'm pleased we did as the cows up with the Angus bull were pushing at the fence to get some extra grass. We decided to move them into the old hay field later in the day so no doubt they'll be overeating even as I write this. One of the cows in the field is 20 years old and was one of the first through the gate so clearly she's learnt quite a lot in her life – must be a lot brighter than they look. I quite like them though and Skye and I are both pleased they've got plenty to eat – after all they do pretty well on just grass. Don't ask me how they manage it – I certainly wouldn't thank you for that to eat. In fact, Daisy still doesn't believe that they get that big eating grass, and she is convinced they've got big bowls of biscuits tucked away somewhere (she's only a puppy).

Brendan was back again today. I was worried at first though Skye was happy enough – we thought it was Thursday, his usual day. I thought the week couldn't possibly have gone past that fast, and Skye was hoping it had and that the weekend was ahead. Once I realised it was still Tuesday, I was pleased to see him (so was Skye once she was over her disappointment) and we went off to get some more fencing done. I'm getting to quite like it now, as I just doze on the bike until I see lambs being mischievous, then I spring into action like a coiled spring. Well, I get off the bike and round them up at least.

Here's Brendan with Daisy, Skye and Tinker, his fan club organisers. Looks like they're up to no good if you ask me.




Daisy was asking Brendan today if he eats grass to get so tall – just give me strength! I told her Brendan would eat her if she wasn't careful, but for once she didn't believe me and hopped up onto his knee. Maybe, like the old cow, she's starting to learn some things – I certainly hope so.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment