12 September 2011

Windy Day

What a day it's been today. Pouring down first thing and gale force winds all afternoon. So much for the Indian summer Skye and Daisy were talking about the other day – wishful thinking if you ask me as they both like lying in the sun in the back garden.

I must say, I was a lot happier with the rain than the wind. If truth be told, I don't really like it windy. In fact I positively dislike it. Why? Well everything moves about so much all the time in the wind, especially the trees, and I hate moving trees. I just hate them. It's been exhausting outside having to keep such a close eye on them, great big rustly things that they are.

What was even more annoying was that Daisy was really enjoying the wind – she's a proper little terrier and afraid of nothing (don't get the idea that I'm afraid of moving trees though, I just don't like them, honestly). She and Skye just sat out watching everything whistling past them, grinning. I don't think they're quite right in the head you know, it's certainly not my idea of a good time.

I'm hoping it's a bit better tomorrow as we've got a full day of sheep planned. It's so exciting thinking about it, I can almost forget about the trees.

Anyway, I'm off for an early night – got to get my beauty sleep...

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment