18 September 2011

Bales away and tups home!

We’ve finished the bales at last.  Just as I was starting to get a bit stiff from all the sitting, but it’s over. Jerry said if he sees the bale trailer again this side of Christmas we can burn it, he and I.   Joy, now I can get back onto all the jobs on my list.  Sheep, sheep and more sheep, oh with the odd cattle day in as well.

Looking around this morning we saw 8 ewes in with the cows, naughty little things reckon there’s more grass in that field.  Funny thing is that they’re probably right, but that’s not the point.  We’ve put them on a diet until the end of the month, and then we start getting them ready for the tup.  Look on the bright side though, they helped me get the stiffness out of my legs!

Daisy has been a pest this morning jabbering about me – I’ve been out for three days on the tractor and you’d think I’d been away for a month.  Still it’s nothing a bit of a growl can’t sort out...anyway, she’s only a puppy so I suppose I’ve just got to put up with it.

But – the best news of all – the two new tups appeared.  Big strapping lads both of them.  I introduced myself straight away just to make sure they know who’s in charge so I’m not expecting they’ll cause any problems.  It’s so exciting, I can just feel us getting ready to put the tups out and in my book that just means one thing...lambs.

Take care


No comments:

Post a Comment