3 September 2011

Apples


Ho hum, holiday cottage changeover day again.

We had a busy start this morning with sheep back in with the steers and heifers. I didn't mind though as it gave me a chance to have a run out and to teach the sheep who's boss. I quite enjoyed myself.

After that it got a bit quieter though – changeover day isn't my favourite as everyone is busy in those wretched cottages. I can't see how it takes so much time to get them ready. We kept ourselves busy though Skye, Daisy and I catching up on a bit of rest. Daisy was still working on her list of favourite foods from yesterday but struggling with her spelling – she's only a puppy still, and Skye was no help snoozing away all the time. After a while I took pity on her and helped her write it out. I certainly got a shock as top of a VERY long list was apple. I had to check it with her. Twice. I mean, apple – crunchy fruity things that grow on trees. Who ever heard of a dog eating apples? Skye probably would do but she eats everything.

Here's a picture of Daisy as a puppy.  I think this might be where the apple problem started...




I despair of those two greedy little devils, but tomorrow's another day and let's hope it's a busy one (I wonder if there's a job we could teach Daisy to do?)

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment