9 September 2011

Kelso Tup Sale


Everything was fine outside first thing this morning, which was a bit of a surprise really since we'd been weaning lambs yesterday. I wasn't sorry about that though as to be truthful, I was feeling a little stiff after yesterday – not that I would let that slow me down!

I came back in and had a snooze and must have dropped right off into a Skye-like sleep because when I woke up much later, Daisy was jabbering in my ear that she'd been to the Kelso tup sale and did I want to hear all about it (a tup is a male sheep)? Too right I did! Starting with how she'd managed to go without me...Anyway, apparently there were these huge tents full of tups of all sizes and shapes that were being sold. Daisy was a bit worried at first that she was going to be sold, but no such luck (only kidding!). The good news is that we've bought a couple – I can't wait to see them even though they're not my favourite type of sheep. Great big stubborn, smelly things that they are.

The bad news is Skye is fed up – tups mean lambs, which in her book mean trouble. With a capital T. Looks like I'll be glad of the sleep I had earlier as she'll be chuntering away all night about this now. With a bit of luck Daisy will learn not to talk to me about more sheep in front of Skye – but she's still only a puppy.  You see, I don't think Skye counts at all well so I'm sure she'd never have noticed the new ones, but she certainly will now she's been told about them. Oh dear...

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment