7 September 2011

Busy, busy, busy

We've had such a busy time over the last couple of days – I didn't have any time at the computer yesterday at all. Well, I would have had plenty but the day kennel in the yard has reared it's ugly head again. Apparently I was too dirty to come in yesterday lunch-time, so I had my lunchtime rest in there. Skye and Princess la-de-dah somehow both managed to get inside, but I think that shows who does all the work around here. It's not a bad little spot really – I've got a room (with cushions) and a yard in a nice sheltered corner, and I managed to get a good rest.

We had lots of cows in yesterday morning – once we'd finally got them out of their field, and we kept one back in as she was a bit poorly. Oh, we kept the bull back as well – he needs to come out now and he's a bit grumbly about it, but he doesn't scare me with his rumbling on. Plenty of things do scare me, but not these lumbering old devils.

Then in the afternoon, we got on with finishing putting up all the barriers in the cattle area, mending fences and hanging a few gates. We're planning to be getting the sheep in again soon so it's nice to see that all finished.

Daisy is worrying again – there was talk last night of giving her a weigh in on the scales and the 'D' word (diet) was heard. Poor little thing – she loves her food, so with luck Skye and I can run it off her in the garden instead. She likes that.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment