6 September 2011

A busy sheep day


What a good way to start the week off – I needed to bring all the gimmers in so we could have a look at them. They were in a field miles away and they weren't pleased to be taken away from the sun and grass, but I didn't take any nonsense from them and soon had them on the way. We had a bit of an upset when a great big lorry zoomed up the road but apart from that, I really enjoyed it. Unlike Skye, who stayed firmly sat on the bike – she said she was in reserve in case I needed help. I think she was just being idle, but I don't mind - I'm happy to do her sheep work as well. Can't get too much of it, but I'm a bit stiff now.

Lunchtime didn't go quite so well. Whilst I was pleased to see a Bonio biscuit coming my way (Skye got one too – they're our favourites), I wasn't so pleased to be receiving it in our new day-time kennels outside. We were pretty mucky though. Anyway, during the afternoon we had a good look through them I soon forgot I'd been out all day, and Skye managed to get indoors before we started up again after lunch so she was really pleased with herself. All in all, a pretty good day – the sheep went back to their field and I came in for a snooze. I went out like a light, dreaming about sheep until my supper turned up. Joy...

Here's a picture of some gimmers looking like they are cooking up some mischief.


Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment