16 September 2011

Missing tups?


Well, you certainly get some thinking time when we're leading bales – I spent a lot of my time thinking about the new tups I'm expecting. I wonder if they're lost? Or worse still, stolen? Best not to think about it too much. Surely they'll be here soon? I always ride in the tractor when we set off and keep my eye on the bales as well as making sure there are no sheep about that need my attention. Unfortunately there weren't any today, but it was so wet I didn't really mind.

Here's a picture of us in the field just about to set off home – I'm in the tractor, and Daisy and Skye would probably be running round the field chasing each other as usual.

When we got in it was sheep dog trials on the TV. I don't like the TV much (it's just too noisy for me) and would rather be working sheep than watching other people pretending to work sheep. It's just rubbish really... Daisy and Skye were fascinated by it (I rest my case...). In fact, I think Skye might like it a bit better than football, and she really enjoys that – mind you she enjoys watching me work and she says this is much better as there's no chance of her being called off the bike to do some running. She's a lazy old rogue for sure, and you certainly wouldn't want her looking after your last sheep, but we all like her as she is (anyway, I don't want any competition for work).

Hmm... I'll think about all my sheep tonight and tick them all off. That always relaxes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment