14 September 2011

Moving sheep

What a great day I've had today. We went back to the farm I was born on and delivered a whole load of gimmers (well, three loads to be exact). It was a long day, but what fun – loading sheep, counting them, splitting them up into groups – we were doing all sorts. It was a bit sad of course to be seeing the back of any sheep (especially since I've yet to see any replacements) but we were pleased with them and they looked really well. Skye pretty much stayed indoors today – she certainly doesn't like sheep days and was muttering that she'd gladly help get rid of the whole lot of them, but wasn't going to be bothered to help if we were leaving any here. She's a character all right. Barking mad, but a character.

I'm getting quite used to my day kennel now. In fact, now that I've realised that I only go there if I've got more work to do later, I fairly skip into it. A great place.

When I got back in the evening, the Princess was chewing gently on a cuddly teddy of some sort. It looks like Mandy has been out and found some soft toys for the soft lump. Anyway, she's made up with this teddy, but I've told her to keep it clear of Skye – with her big sharp teeth – unless she wants to find out exactly what it's stuffed with. Mind you, Skye would be doing well to prise it off her in the first place, and Daisy would be off howling to get Mandy pretty quickly if she did have it taken from her so there's hope for it yet!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment