31 July 2012

Moving cows

A busy day today - moving cows about.  Some of the cows haven't got much grass in their field so we've been moving them about a bit.  We all had to help, but I had to sit on the bike all the time on account of my sore foot.  I did manage to get off for a while but I was soon told to rest - it's soooo frustrating.

Daisy had a big job to do today and was in charge of making sure everything got chased into the right field.  She went off with a determined look on her face and it all went well which we were all very relieved about. She was chattering about it all day - how big the cows were, and how huge the bull was.  She liked the bull because he is the same colour as her.

Little Pie had a good time riding with me on the bike so I could look after her - she hasn't got much sense yet around the cows!  I did have to have a quiet word with her though about rolling in smelly things just before getting on the bike though - we were all covered in flies all morning and she was certainly smelling strong!  Even some of the cows noticed and they don't smell of roses.  Anyway, I don't think she'll be doing that again - well, I hope not anyway.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment