2 July 2012

Lambing stories

Well, we got off to a flying start with the lambing, with ewes and lambs in all the buildings along the front.  It was fantastic even though it was cold and wet, but I didn't mind - that just gave me more work to do as we were moving everything in when it got really cold and I helped with putting everything that had lambed back out again.  Skye-ver was nowhere to be seen for the whole 4 weeks - well, that's not quite true as I saw plenty of her inside lying in her bed whenever I managed to get in for a rest.  "Too cold", "too dark", "too tired" was all she said - too lazy if you ask me!!

Now the lambs are all growing nicely in their very wet fields - I didn't realise they needed watering like the tomatoes but it seems to be working so far.  i wonder if we should spray them with fertiliser as well...

Daisy has been on t'internet looking for scuba gear - I think Skye has been teasing her again about her short legs, or maybe like the rest of us she's just fed up walking through puddles.  Needless to say she's struggling to find a wet suit to fit - doesn't seem to be much out there for little things her shape

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment