21 July 2012

A whirlwind hits Hetton North

You know when you've had a busy day and you just lie relaxing in bed thinking about your supper coming soon?  And hoping for a call from the clipper.  Well, that was me earlier this evening - just listening to Skye snoring and little Daisy being annoying.  Then suddenly...chaos...mayhem.  In she came.  Little Pie.  How can such a small dog have so much energy?  Zoom here, zoom there, zoom, zoom, zoom. 

Pie, a little Jack Russell has come to help out on the farm...I can't remember asking for any help, mind you, but at least she looks a bit more like a collie than Daisy so we'll just have to see. 

Skye was immediately in love with her and now can't seem to do anything on her own (she never did much to start with) - just stands next to Pie wagging her tail and drooling.  That dog needs help, you know, help with her brain.  Anyway, when I might just have growled a bit at Pie getting too close to my supper bowl, Skye snapped at me and and told me to mind my manners or I'd frighten the little rascal and get her into trouble (which, I have to say, was the whole point...).

Still, there is one good thing... I think we've solved the problem of Skye running off to see her labrador pal next door, because when we went out later in the evening to feed calves and sheep we brought Pie, and Skye was so busy looking after her that she forgot to trundle off down the road.  Pie thought the lambs and calves were great fun and had them all marched into the corner of the shed in a flash.  So, just maybe, once I've spent a day or two growling at her, we might well get on fine - she looks like she might be a good worker!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment