1 July 2012

Back on-line

Sorry I've been away so long - I'm back at the computer again now. What a busy time I've been having, but I know that's no excuse for not tapping away to let you know what's going on.

We've finished the lambing and have just the one calf left to arrive and that looks as though it's going to be here any day now – thank goodness, because it's mum is being kept in the front field and I hate having cows that close to the house – great big smelly things that they are.

What a to-do we've been having with the weather though. It all started going wrong as soon as we got going with the lambing, with snow and rain, and it just hasn't stopped for the last two months. My feet are getting webbed from splashing around in puddles all day long, and Skye has developed an allergy to coming out in the rain (I told her the worst that could happen is that she shrinks a bit, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but she just got all huffy and went back to bed). But at least we've got plenty of grass and all the lambs are growing nicely.

Skye and Daisy are still as annoying as ever. They've taken to lying in the garden plotting where to dig their next hole, but I just leave them to it – I've got a busy few months ahead and can't waste energy on holes.

I'll tell you a bit about the lambing tomorrow – the naughty little things certainly kept me busy all right

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment