31 October 2011

Gimmers all present and correct

We've had a really good day today – getting the gimmers ready for Saturday when the tup goes out. It was all go for a while but we got them back into their field before it got dark – just! And you know what the best bit of the day was? Knowing that we've still got another 250 ewes and 300 lambs to come though this week!! Joy, joy, joy...

Skye was helping today (from the back of the bike though as she isn't fast enough to catch up with gimmers) and Daisy was nowhere to be seen for once. She's been busy though - she managed to chase a lamb back into the front field for me at lunch-time and would have chased all the tups back for me if she knew where to chase them. I was honoured she helped so close to lunchtime but she's a bit like me – never lets the sheep get away with anything and she's frightened of nothing that dog.

I'm growing to quite like her – time to go the doctor I think

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment