22 October 2011

Steers get a haircut


We've had a better day today – warm might be pushing it a bit, but better – definitely. Skye was out and about a bit more and Daisy was in and out, in and out all day. Me, I had my work cut out for me what with everything to check and feeding the cows. I've been given the important job of making sure no cows come out of the field when the feed is taken in. I take it very seriously and even though it's very tricky I'm pretty good at it, and it's great fun which is the main thing.

We've been getting the steers ready for market today. They're going next week so it was time to give them a quick brush up and trim – just like a proper hairdresser it was (although I've never been to one, thank goodness). Daisy has told me all about hairdressers as she likes her trip to get a trim and this must have been the same because the steers were enjoying it as well. I was helping, but making sure I kept well away from the scissors just in case! Anyway I got back in with no damage done. What a relief...

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment