17 October 2011

Winter’s on the way

Wind, wind, wind nothing but wind. Oh, and rain. Nearly forgot that, silly me. Even Skye looked like she might have been blown away and that's saying something – she's the most well anchored collie I've ever seen. You know how I hate the wind – all those trees waving about.

It's certainly not sheep weather either – hot, cold, wet, dry – it just can't make up it's mind, and that's a worry for me in case they turn poorly. Well, I'll just have to really keep a careful eye on them all.

I think I'm a summer lover really. I'll go out in any weather, but I much prefer it dry and warm and we get lots more sheep jobs done in the dry, which is definitely good news. Anyway, today I thought it felt like winter, so I think we'll be bringing the cows in soon. They are certainly hoping to come in now, the poor old devils, and we prefer having them where we can see them when it gets chilly.

Up early I think for me...just to make sure my sheep are all ok.

Take care

PS I think poor Daisy has a bit of the wind trapped into her tummy...God help us all until she gets better

No comments:

Post a Comment