17 October 2011

A trip to the beach

16 October

It's been a lovely hot day today – just the sort of day to spend browsing round the sheep. We started off well enough, with lambs to move. It's a tricky job, certainly not for Skye or the trainee, but it's just the sort of thing I enjoy most. I had them marching off down the road soon enough, believe me.

Then disaster...it kept warming up. Daisy started jabbering about a trip to the beach and before I knew it we were being bundled into the back of the landrover. Skye loves a trip out so she was happy. Me, I'd rather not have gone, but got no choice – and no peace either sat in the back with the chattering twins.

When we got to the beach, it didn't get any better. I hate strange dogs and everyone and his friend had their wretched dogs carted out to "enjoy" the sun. Most of them just looked as though they'd rather be somewhere else, and I would certainly have preferred them to be somewhere else. Not my two though – both of them racing round like a couple of demented greyhounds (well, the white one with little legs just looked demented and I suppose I'm pushing it a bit to liken Skye to a greyhound...)

Fortunately I was soon back home, and no disasters in my absence

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment