10 October 2011

New tup due any day now...at last


I'm in a really good mood today even though it's been wet AGAIN. This morning I overheard a phone call arranging delivery of the tup we bought a couple of weeks ago. I'd almost given up on him ever getting here, and Skye had forgotten all about him (so she's definitely not happy). He'll be going into the front field with the others, which will make it easier for me to keep a close eye on them.

Daisy got a shock yesterday. We moved Flakey (one of the Charolais bulls) into the front field and he came over to the farmhouse growling away and stamping his great big cloppy feet about. She took one look at him and started yapping away – Skye and I both told her there was no chance of him getting into the house, but she was beyond herself by then and said she was not going to take any chances. He's a great big softie really, but I suppose if you're only a puppy then he might look pretty scary...maybe.

Anyway, he's still outside so she's a lot happier now.

I'm off to do a sun dance now so we get some decent weather for the tup, then I must get an early night so I'm ready for him

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment