5 October 2011

Daisy rides in the tractor

Talk about wind – it's just as well I've got four feet to keep me anchored to the ground. I hate the wind, just hate it (I might have mentioned that before, but I just can't stand it). Daisy and Skye, on the other hand love the wind (need I say more?) – clearly they're very well anchored the pair of them (a bit like the shed is), and I tell them both that it would be a strong gust that dislodged them from the ground – ha, ha. Goodness knows what it is they like about it, all those moving trees and loud noises. Oh nooo, nooo, nooo...

Daisy has had a nice treat today – I told her it's because now she's getting a bit bigger she'll be trusted more. She was allowed to sit in the tractor cab in the yard this afternoon. Although she's far too small (and, dare I say it, bulky) to get into the cab, she was lifted in and sat there like the Queen of Sheba looking out through the window at the hens roaming about. Loved every second she did. She was chatting about it to Skye and me later in the day and is hoping she gets the chance to sit in again soon. She's very envious of Skye and me being able to ride in it every day, but Skye said she could take her place any day, no problem, as long as she definitely went out on all the wet days – we all know Skye would rather sit in front of the fire on most wet days (she's more like a cat than the cat). Anyway, at least it looks like Skye has forgiven Daisy for sneaking on her plan to run off to the sun. Thank goodness for small mercies...

Gotta go now though as I heard some chat that we're up early tomorrow to get some wheat sown. A girl needs her rest you know.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment