31 October 2011

I win some bonios

30 October

The shed's up – absolutely enormous it is. I'll be a lot happier once it's got the nesting boxes in I must say. Skye, Daisy and I have been taking bets on whether it would rain before the roof was put on, so now they both owe me all their bonio treats for the next week. I knew it wouldn't rain because I watched the forecast last night – Daisy and Skye were fast asleep as usual – and they were pretty annoyed when they realised they'd been outsmarted. I might relent later – one treat each evening is plenty really, but it's fun watching them squirm in the meanwhile. Maybe we'll do 'double or quits'...but they're pretty wary of me now and Skye is watching me like a hawk. Poor Skye – she only joined in the bet to keep Daisy company and doesn't really understand betting.

Apart from the shed, we've had a quiet day – the calm before the storm I think as we've got a busy week of sheep work planned. Let's hope the weather stays good for us and that Daisy doesn't remember to take Skye's place on the bike.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment