1 November 2011

Tup day minus 4


Two days on the trot – I'm feeling a little stiff now to be truthful, but we've finished checking all the ewes now so that's a big step towards getting the tups out at the weekend. Mind you, I wouldn't grumble if we did the same again tomorrow. Skye would though...she only managed to help a little in the morning and didn't want anything to do with sheep in the afternoon – and pottered off muttering something about 'sheep', 'feet', and 'killing me'. I didn't mind though as it left more work for me and poor old Daisy wasn't allowed out to help – far too muddy for her short little legs.

Skye had been very disappointed first thing – she'd heard Daisy talking about the clocks going back at the weekend and now thinks that she missed out on an extra hour in bed because she didn't know about it on the day. We nearly had a rebellion this morning because she refused to get up first thing, but I told her to make sure she got to bed for a couple of hours before supper then she would get more than her extra hour. That cheered her up a lot but confused Daisy, but luckily I managed to give her a little kick to stop her pointing out that that didn't make sense. She'll learn not to upset Skye's applecart...

Anyway, rather disappointingly I think I'm getting a day off tomorrow. Just when you get into a nice routine someone pops up and says you need a rest...no wonder the country is going to the dogs.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment