12 November 2011

Holiday plans

I'm bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Skye's not – she's very happy – been lying in her bed all day with a smile on her face. All day today we've had nothing to do. No sheep out, tups happy, cows all fed and bedded, no disasters to sort out, just getting the sheds finished before we bring the rest of the cattle in. Nothing at all for me to do...at...all. In fact, the only excitement we had all day was having to frog-march the hens back in to their new quarters tonight– the dozy devils wanted back in to their old hut. Less common sense than a Westie (only kidding, we all know they've got more...).

Maybe I should take a quick holiday? I had a chat with Skye and Daisy who both said they'd come with me. In fact Skye had some well thumbed brochures tucked away. Trouble is we all want different holidays – Skye wants a comfy place to sleep, nothing to do, lots of food, Daisy wants somewhere with a really good restaurant that serves big portions, and I'm not going anywhere that hasn't got at least 100 times more sheep than people (oh, and no other dogs...or moving trees).

Holiday brochures are rubbish though – fine for Skye and Daisy with lots of symbols to show what they want but I've had a good look and can't find a symbol telling me how many sheep there are. You'd think I wanted something out of the ordinary. Absolutely useless. Maybe I should produce my own...

We've hit another snag – Skye and I haven't got passports, and Daisy hasn't got a clue how to get to the airport. I'll have to put my thinking cap on though - if we're going we'll have to get back before the bad weather sets in (although Skye says she's not that bothered getting back in a rush). But then again, who would look after my sheep while I was away? That's a worry. Maybe the odd quiet day is not so bad after all.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment