4 November 2011

Daisy’s coat

A drippy sort of day today – warm enough but just wet. Wet enough for me to feel sorry for the sheep – but they are sheep so they don't seem to mind at all, in fact quite the opposite. The cows, though, they definitely don't like the wet (but they are looking nice and clean!).

Ho, ho, ho!! Guess what we've seen coming in. Just this evening – Skye and I. A C.O.A.T. To be perfectly accurate, a Daisy size coat. Thank goodness it wasn't my size – I spotted that right away, but Skye was looking a bit more interested, especially once Daisy had hopped into it and started parading around like the Queen of Sheba. She looked a bit more dubious once I pointed out that a coat could only mean one thing – trips out in bad weather. Skye hates the rain almost as much as she hates the mud, but Daisy was really pleased and is now sure she's going to be working out on the farm this winter. Some chance! In fact, there's more chance of her being left to look after the cat's supper than that coat going anywhere near mud, so it's a winter of cosy little walks ahead for her...no, I definitely don't want one of those coats.

Anyway, I know what we're up to tomorrow – I'm sorting sheep out and Daisy and Skye will be parading about in the coat. I'll get a picture for you..

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment