28 November 2011

Cows come in – at a run

Phew, what a windy couple of days we've had – and I'm not just talking about Daisy's bottom either. All my new courage has deserted me with everything heaving about in the wind – moving trees have been the worst though. I hate them. Skye tells me there's nothing to worry about and has always kept me company when I've been out and about – she doesn't ever worry about what might be in the trees and says that nothing is frightening when you've got your teeth sank into it. She always gives me a demonstration which cheers me up. Chomp, chomp, chomp...she's a good friend.

Tupping is going well – must be about half way through now I reckon, which is something to be cheerful about, although I never mention it to Skye who's been really chipper recently with lambs being sold pretty much every week at present. She's ok-ish at maths when she wants to be and thinks there must only be about 3-4 weeks left and is going about with a permanent smile. Mind you, it still doesn't get her out to help with them...

Anyway, today's big news is that the cows are in for the winter. One shout at the gate and they came hammering in. No second invitation needed there, but it has been cold over the past few days and they'll be much happier indoors. They all looked pleased about it and why not – nice and comfy and food in front of them 24 hours a day...I know a greedy little Westie that would think that was heaven.

Take care


 

No comments:

Post a Comment