5 November 2011

Bonfire night

Bonfire night – not my favourite day...but fortunately I didn't hear any fireworks this evening. All that banging and whizzing just frightens me – it would frighten everyone surely? We did have a bonfire though and that was quite good fun. Well...it was until I saw the reflection of the fire in the holiday cottage window and startled myself. I must be braver must, must, must – Daisy and Skye had a marvellous time, just barrelling around without a care in the world. In fact, Daisy was enjoying herself so much we nearly had a roast Westie on our hands, she got so close to the flames. As it was we did have a very grubby Westie to deal with but nothing that a bath couldn't deal with.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow – we've been getting all the tup harnesses ready today. Skye says she's going on strike or going off sick, she hasn't decided yet, but she's determined she's not spending the whole day with 'those smelly sheep', and with Daisy looking like a new pin she's clearly not going to be allowed near any mud, so it looks as though I'll be on my own. Good, good I say – bring them on...

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment