30 November 2011

Lambs get a move

We've had a grand day today. Well, to be honest, the weather has been pretty average – wet and windy – BUT we've been moving the lambs about, so I've been busy, busy, busy...which is just how I like it. Oh you just can't beat a good run out. Little Daisy has been nose-to-nose with a lamb that wasn't going the right way and she pretty soon had it turned around – she's finding out just how naughty the lambs can be and has been telling Skye and me just how brave she was. Skye just can't believe that Daisy would happily go out to help with the sheep – she thinks Daisy needs a trip to the vet to make sure she isn't mad. Mind you, I told Skye she wants to be a bit careful – if anyone was going to fail a common sense test she wouldn't have to look too far to find them.

We're spoiling Skye a bit at the moment – she wandered off all absent minded this afternoon in the sheep field and got the wrong side of the electric fence. Anyway, you could hear the howl of indignation when she got a shock off it, but we think she'll live. I think there's more risk of her losing her voice with all the grumbling she's doing. Just give me strength...

Oh well, the cows are settling in nicely now – eating and sleeping their way to Spring. They love it, but thank goodness I've got a large list to work through over Winter. Counting my blessings!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment