15 November 2011

The Pampered Club

Skye has managed to join the "Pampered Club" today. She and Daisy are the only members, and Skye is VERY pleased to be there but strangely enough managed to get in by being lazy – not coming out with me this morning. Skye reckons she's one step closer to not having to work the sheep anymore, and is looking forward to the odd walk out with Daisy ("only in good weather mind you"), lots of lie ins, and plenty of treats.

Mandy took the Club out for a little walk this morning whilst I was hard at work. That was a narrow escape – I'd much, much rather be working that pottering around a field, but they both seemed very happy with the walk and I suppose it does keep them out of my way. When they got back Daisy was booked in for her winter trim and spruce up – she usually goes with her little troublemaking friend Dougal from Wooler so let's just hope the little devil doesn't get dropped here.

Anyway, a winter trim is something that Skye definitely won't need – she manages to cast her coat very effectively herself – all over the house...maybe we could give her a really close trim. I'm sure I could get my paws on the sheep clippers for ten minutes, and I've seen them working lots of times – it doesn't seem too hard! The kennel would certainly be a lot cleaner and it's still mild outside.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment