17 January 2016

The case of the missing supper bowl

By Pie.
With some hindrance from the puppy.
And absolutely no help at all from Skye.

I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment.  It was there yesterday, gleaming in the corner, but this morning when it came to breakfast...nothing.  Nada.  Zilch. Only four bowls, and most troubling, only one of them was terrier sized.  I must say, I've never seen Skye dash in so fast when she thought it might be her bowl that was missing but unfortunately it looks like it might be mine.  Which is a problem.  A massive, collie sized problem.  It's a strange one though as no one can remember ever seeing it disappear - I had thought it might be the puppy getting her own back for me for developing such a fantastic fitness plan for Pip, or Daisy thinking she'd get some extra food if it only had to go four ways, but they both said definitely not (even when I offered them the chance to shop each other) so goodness knows what's happened to it. Anyway, I'm off out hunting now so I've had to ask Daisy to have a look for it - she's the only one I can trust to keep thinking about supper all day and she's horrified that there might be a thief about to steal her bowl, so she's on the case.

...Not much of a hunting day to be honest, too worried to concentrate, but all's well now.  What a relief.  It turned out that someone (mentioning no names, but it begins with M) had hidden it in the oven.  We never even thought about looking there and it's such a useless thing - we hate our food hot - I think we should get rid of it.

Take care

Pie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment