25 January 2016

Sheep in the front field...very annoying

Very strange...no phone calls yet, but not to worry, I've got much more important things on my mind at the moment.

Someone has moved sheep into the front field.  My front field.  But not my sheep.  No, not just ordinary sheep either, but great big chubby things that look like they might struggle to outrun Skye.  In fact, they don't look as if they'd give Daisy much of a run. It's just not fair having them just pottering about like that wherever they please, munching away - they should be bunched up in a tight little group right over in the corner of the field, and I know just the person to make them...me.  Trouble is, I'm not getting out much these days, which was fine yesterday with the log burner roaring away but it's definitely not fine today.  

Time for a meeting of the escape committee which today consists of me and Pie (Pie sits on the committee every day, usually alone).  Today as usual there is only one agenda item, and Pie's solution is, as usual, wait till someone opens the back door and run like hell...consequences don't matter...live for the moment!  You know, maybe that mad little dog has got that right, I could be out gathering the chubby brutes in a flash.  But no, the trouble with being a collie is that having a brain allows you to think about the consequences, and the consequences are bad.  

So on balance the log burner probably isn't so bad - just as long as they don't start up with a lot of bleating.  Then I will be out, consequences or not, and puppy will be right behind me.

Now...I'm off to find Daisy, who's been looking after the phone

Take care

Pip xxx  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment