12 January 2016

Agility day

Well, that's one way to try to even things up with the puppy.  We went off to agility together this morning, she and I, and both of us were really looking forward to it.  I mean, you would wouldn't you?  Chance to run and run and run with a bit of jumping as well - fantastic.  The only way you could improve it would be to put a few sheep in the corner of the field as well.  Which is a thought...

So, off we went and had a great time, but, oh dear, the pup was getting her gangly legs all tangled up and muddy after all the rain which was all that was needed to give a wise old slowcoach like me a good chance.  I don't need asking twice I can tell you, and I'm going to make the most of it!

When we got back home, everyone was very sympathetic.  Gangly she might have been but that didn't make as much impact as I thought it might and it was humble pie for me....for now anyway.  I didn't get where I was by giving up that easily.  Pie says she will up the training program for me (which is a worry) and devise some cunning tricks for me to use on the course.  I told her I'm not wanting to cheat but she never stays in one place long enough to have a decent conversation (unless is on a knee) and was off and away by then.  Mayhem to be caused.  Pie's the name...

Daisy took me to one side later - she thinks that maybe food will solve the problem - she reckons a good supper always makes things better, and if not, maybe she could slip the pup something dodgy the night before.  Trouble is, Daisy making sure she was eating might put her off.  Anyway, what am I thinking? She's my puppy.  I'll just have to get my brain in gear...this needs some proper thought to solve and I'm the girl for that.

Meanwhile it looks like it's Pie's boot camp for me.

Take care

Pip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment