20 January 2016

Recovering from wash day trauma

Well, we've had a much quieter day today, thank goodness.  I've managed to stay well away from the bath - so far away that I didn't even go into the back hall.  Instead, I evicted the puppy from her bed which is about as far away as you could get short of being lucky enough to get to the upstairs kennel.

Daisy can't see what all the fuss is about - she absolutely loves a bath.  I mean proper squeaking with excitement love.  Pie reckons that some days she even goes out of her way to get grubby just so she gets dunked in the hateful contraption, which is not only strange but also extremely risky if she's wanting to get her usual pampered spot upstairs...we all know that a wet dog is a smelly dog, and a smelly dog doesn't get to upstairs.

Pie's grumbling a bit today - she was out yesterday for ages checking her usual spots, got filthy, but absolutely no 'r' creatures at all.  Now she's worried that she's been too hard on them and is muttering about how nothing's like it was when she was young if even the 'r' creatures are getting fussy about where they stay and disappearing at the first bit of barking...I hope she finds something to run after soon though otherwise I'm worried she might start chasing one of us if she gets too bored. That's all we need.

Anyway, I'm keeping a low profile and am off to rest in the pup's bed - I will be taking my do not disturb sign and (with a warning to little Pie) leaving my sense of humour behind

Take care

Pip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment