14 March 2014

Things aren't so bad after all

OK, perhaps I was a little over the top the other day, after all we did get a walk, but it's hard waiting when you just want to get out and run, run, run.  I think I'm becoming more like Pie every day - full of energy and mischief.  I tell Skye she should try it - she might start to make progress on her waistline, but she just rolls her eyes and says people prefer cuddly dogs. It's obvious to her.  Just look at Daisy...No one sends her out on long runs and she's never had to do a days work in her life.  Skye says she's just catching up for all the hard days working when she was younger (!).  She must have been much younger though because none of us can remember it.


Anyway, it's been sunny again since then, so I'm sorry about the rant.


Abby has been off to her agility lesson again.  Lucky devil - it's sounds like really good fun, but I hope we'll get some jumps and tunnels at home to practice on soon.  I'd love to have a go at that and show the youngster that there's life in the old dog yet!  Listening to her talking about it, I reckon I'd be really good at it all.  I mean jumping - no problem, running - love it, weaving - dead easy, tunnel - piece of cake, doing what I'm told - second nature to me.  And that's it.  Great fun.  Abby tells me there's labradors and all sorts to race against.  I couldn't believe it, I didn't know labradors could run.  But maybe they get food at the end - that would probably speed them up.  Maybe we'll have to get Skye started to give them a chance...


Oh well, that's cheered me up no end.  I mean, I'd still prefer sheep to look after, but the agility sounds OK to me for now.


Take care


Pip xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment