23 March 2014

Lambing!

Aaahhh bliss  - weekend again.  I always look forward to my weekends.  Skye says she doesn't know what the difference is...One sleepy day is pretty much the same as another and I suppose she's got a point (not that I'd ever let her know that).  But I always have a bit of a lie in on a Sunday which is a nice little treat.


Anyway, good news today - the lambing has started... and finished all on the same day.  How clever us that??  Bit of a surprise for me really as I had thought that we weren't getting any lambs this year, but it looks as though no one told little Cripply because she's had her lamb today.  Nice little thing it is - female - born in the front field while we were out in our morning walk...Nothing like that for good timing!  Well done Cripply we all say...Well, all apart from miserable old Skye who's now convinced herself we've got a full blown lambing underway.  Goodness knows how she's worked that out as there's only 4 sheep in the field, but she's never been strong on either logic or counting so I'm afraid she's in for a sleepless night.  She's been telling little Abby all about lambs and how naughty they are but Abby thought it sounded like great fun and will probably have a sleepless night for the opposite reason...Hoping there will be more.  


They should both listen to me more - there's no chance.  Absolutely none.  But then, I wasn't expecting this one either...


Here's the new arrival.  Just got to work out what it's called...Wobbly is Daisy's suggestion


Take care


Pip xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment