18 March 2014

All calm again, thank goodness

Thank goodness.  Things are getting back to normal now it's getting less windy.  It's been a tough couple of days, worrying about everything moving about. Skye says I'm just a worrier, but what's wrong with that I say...I've never been caught out by a moving tree but I'm sure it's only because I watch them so closely.  Pie agrees with me.  She says the only reason the postman doesn't come into the house each day is because she shows him her teeth and barks at him every day.  A lot. So that's the point proved as far as I'm concerned, but Skye won't have it...and rather annoyingly keeps saying that a- she's never seen a tree walk, and that b- the postman is bound to have a kennel of his own to go to (which will be a whole lot more peaceful than ours as it won't have a lunatic terrier yapping every lunchtime).  What does she know though?  Anyway, Pie says if the postmans kennel is so peaceful she should go and stay there.  Here, here, I say 

I'm not sure Pie will get over getting lost in the wind...she's hardly been out of sight today, and has been asking Daisy if she can buy a large ball of string from the internet.  She wants to hold onto one end of it to help her find her way home if it happens again.  Hmmm, I'm not sure that's her best idea, but she's worried that the rabbits will get out of control unless she keeps going across the moor to chase them.  Skye (rather unkindly in my mind) says she knows exactly what she would do with a terrier and a ball of string, so she's going to keep an eye out for the postie when he brings it.  She's not talking to me now though as I (innocently) pointed out that that meant she would have to stay awake for at least part of the day....oh, life's all go around here.

Anyway, more importantly I've told Pie we need a postie truce for a few days...at least until he brings all the agility gear...surely we'll have some ordered by now?  I wonder what we'll get?  I expect Abby will have to get first go, but I can't wait till it's my turn.  And I'll have Skye's turn as well.  And Daisy's.  It's soooo exciting.

Take care

Pip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment