5 March 2014

Meet the puppies

Let me tell you a little about my puppies.  Seven little bundles of joy born last June.  Well, OK, it all started fine, but no-one told me how tiring they were going to be.  The first few days were no problem  at all - easy street.  I just got them squeaky clean, settled down for a good rest and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Then, after a few days they opened their eyes.  Then, after a few more days they got up and about on their little feet.  Then, after a few more days, my peace was well and truly shattered - they discovered the garden.  Life was just all about counting to seven, then starting again.  One, two...aaaargh.  Just as well it was me, because at least I can count.

Daisy and Pie spent all the time trying to get them out to play near the pond and Skye just wanted them outside so they didn't waken her.  I did get some help from Mandy and little Antonie thank goodness, but the others were definitely pushing their luck.  We were in and out all the time keeping them out of trouble - real team work it was and really tricky too because they were very determined little rascals - and the terrier twins were just as determined that they were going to get them out to play.  Mind you, that changed a bit once the pups outgrew them - even I felt a tiny bit sorry for them then, surrounded by great big boisterous collies

Anyway, the puppies were great fun really - Skye's always grumbling so we never listen to her complaints.  We had the two Scottish boys - great big strapping brutes they became, vicars number one and two, the naughty girl, Whitey, and little Abbey.  I didn't really have a favourite, but I was pleased little Abbey was the one we kept.  Well, I will be when she stops her infernal chewing.

I've got lots of photos, but here's just a few to start with

The calm before the storm...


Me, very pleased with myself


The gang


No comments:

Post a Comment