21 March 2014

A knotty little problem

Sometimes my job is just impossible.  It's like herding cats (no offence Tinker).  Being Top Dog means I have to keep everyone under control around here, but I tell you it just can't be done.  If it's not Skye making mischief, or the puppy digging holes, it's one of the terriers misbehaving.  Sometimes I could just scream at them all, or better yet just disappear to a remote farm with a few sheep.  At least they behave.  Well they would do if they're weren't pet sheep, which is all that's left here.  Aaargggh...


Most of the trouble comes from the little terriers though.  I'll give you an example - yesterday Daisy came back from her walk and had rolled in something smelly - she'd only had a bath the day before as well the little devil.  Then in trooped Pie smelling of badger - she'd obviously found an old badger set to explore.  What a pong.


You'd think that was their problem wouldn't you? But it wasn't for long though as they both immediately stretched out on our nice clean beds - they were banned from the upstairs kennel so were stuck downstairs - which meant I had to listen to Skye grumbling and moaning at me all evening for being too soft and letting it happen - and even the puppy was moaning to me about the stench, and she likes Pie.  I'm going to have to do something with those terriers I can see that, but what?  They don't seem to bother about things like a collie would.  Tell a collie off and we're mortified - desperate to make up.  Even old dozy drawers Skye.  Tell a terrier off and they look at you as if you're from the planet zog - "what...me?" And zoom off as fast as possible.  Skye says they're the doggy equivalent of premiership footballers (she loves watching football) and I should red card them, but I reckon they're more like teenagers so we'll have to hit them where it really hurts - the supper bowl...Maybe if I let Skye and the puppy hoover up their food for a few days, then I could get them to listen to me.  Yes, I think this calls for a bit of cunningly my part, and surely I can outthink terriers?


That's what I'll do - brains above brawn every time.


Take care


Pip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment