4 May 2014

Garden searchlights

Oh no, what's a disaster...I'll never get another good nights sleep ever again.  Never, ever, ever.

Now it's summer time (nearly) it's all hands to the pump getting the garden ready.  We've been helping by not getting in the way (well, most of us have, but Skye's been digging holes, which hasn't helped at all, and Pie's out hunting as usual).  Anyway, everything was going just fine, I had even sorted out just the spot where I was going to lie in the sun when or if it finally came out.  Then, out THEY came...boxes of those lights that come on all by themselves at night.  Skye says she's seen pictures of a place called Blackpool with lots of lights, but nothing like these searchlights.  Now why, I ask, if they've got all this money to spend, haven't I got the agility jumps I keep asking ever so nicely for?  Instead, I think I'll be too tired to do anything like agility now, and you just know Skye's going to be even grumpier than ever...18 hours sleep a day is her target, and usually she gets more.  I don't even like to think what she'll be like if she's wakened by these. 

I'm getting a plan though...I've got Daisy looking on the internet for blackout blinds.  Pie knows where the drill is to put them up and I'll be in charge of shutting them each night.  Might work out ok after all.  As long as we keep Skye and the puppy away from the job, and as long as Pie doesn't get distracted by the r creatures when she's off for the drill it'll be fine.

Fingers crossed

Take care

Pip xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment