29 April 2014

Summer's here

Well, we've had a grand few days.  We had a visit from Hugo and Beth which was great fun...I got to ride out on the quad bike a few times, which I always enjoy, and we had a trip to the beach.  A really long walk it was and not a stranger in sight...just how I like it.  I mean, the beach IS great fun but Skye worries us all with stories about mad dogs running up and biting you so I always get a bit nervous if I see other cars there.  Pie does her best, bless her, she heads straight off in the lead muttering about how these strange dogs will be doing well to get past her teeth and I believe her, but still....

Anyway, it wasn't a problem this time.  In fact, the only problem looked to be getting Skye back to the car.  She loves the beach best of all (she reckons it's good for her complexion) but hates a long walk even more (bad for her joints apparently) so she got to one end of the walk grumbling a bit, and then turned round to head home.  Well, what a fuss she made - we were miles away from where we started.  Upset?  At one point I thought Daisy was going to have to give her a piggy back, but I soon stopped that - it would have been the last we saw of Daisy...a bit like being bashed into the soft sand with a huge hammer - poor little devil.  Then, to cap it all off we got involved in a bit of a race.  Well, the puppy and I won (the puppy had a head start, I'm sure of it but I let her get close...), then the TT's with their short little legs fairly flying, then Skye...never even broke into a trot.  Apparently we'd all cheated by not waiting for a proper start, or as Pie said, one where she had a head start more likely.  We got back in the end though.  Fantastic day out.

I'm getting used to this retirement now - I must be getting out and about as much as all the holiday visitors.  All it needs now to be perfect is some AGILITY work (is anyone listening?).  You live in hope.  We all do.  For me its agility (listening yet?), Pie has her r creatures, Daisy her supper bowl, the puppy her running, and Skye?  Well, she just hopes we'll all disappear and leave her alone.

Oh...Wobbly's foot is getting better, but it looks like Peggy's got it now.  Sheep!  Why can't they just stay healthy for 10 minutes?  I'm supposed to be retired.

Take care

Pip xxx

See what I mean? Deserted.  Oh the old jokes are the best...


No comments:

Post a Comment