10 April 2014

Holiday

Well, we've had a few days off at Auntie Val's. We're back know, but it's never a hardship going there.  Skye seems to lose the use of her legs as soon as she gets out of the car...well, as soon as she manages to heave herself up onto a comfy chair anyway.  She says she needs the rest, but we're not sure...surely you've got to do something before you rest?  

Pie goes into lock down on holiday.  Heavens, you couldn't leave her running about another farm, especially now everyone's lambing - she'd cause chaos, even though she says she's not bothered with lambs but just wants to get at the "r" creatures.  

She has got a point I suppose, and we all like to see her hunting them that's for sure...dirty little things they are.  On that point though, I think she's been taking her eye off the ball recently...chasing rabbits probably...because I KNOW there's one in the tool shed, not that I'm going anywhere near, but it's in there, I'm sure of it.  Scratching about.  Pie just gets cross when I mention it...asking me if I've ever seen her with a superman outfit on, and just how is she supposed to get 6 feet off the ground.  She's angling for a supervised hunt - she'll get it then, it always works.  Until then though, we none of us mention the r word to her.

Anyway, treatville today... new stags horn bones arrived.   Oh yes, more than one, and we've still got a bit of the old one left.  That's just pretty perfect if you ask me, and (almost) makes up for the fact that I've been completely and cruelly neglected recently - STILL no agility.  No good calling the complaint line though...seems to be some sort of fault there...sounds just like snoring. 

Thanks for the holiday Val.  You know where to come if you need some lambing help...but don't expect two - Skye you know won't (bone idle), and the puppy is far too lively for lambs, so that just leaves little me.  Oh dear, what a shame (not)

Take care

Pip xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment